May 3, 2012

The Hunger Games


One movie that I have watched recently is the movie The Hunger Games which is based on a book. I have been hearing good things about this movie for awhile now and last weekend I finally got off my butt and went to see it, and I must say I was impressed. In fact I was so impressed that the movie actually convinced me to go out and read the books. One of the things about the movie that really stuck out to me was the way that it was edited. The was the movie was set up made it so you only could see things from the main character, Katniss's, perspective. This is unusual because many movies will show you what other characters may be doing at a given time but in this movie you only saw the one point of view. This helps to increase the tension in the movie because throughout the whole second half of it she is either running from or trying to find the other people in the games who are trying to kill her. Since you only get to see what she sees you have no idea where the other people are meaning your just as in the dark as she is. Another thing about this movie that I liked was the whole setting of it. I thought it was a very interesting view of a possible future that no one had ever truly thought of before. The uniqueness of it is one of the reasons that I truly enjoyed the movie


1 comment:

  1. I also have seen the hunger games multiple times. It is a really great movie and I really enjoyed it. There were multiple scenes that were very well made. I do agree with you that the way that they made the whole movie in Katniss’s perspective was really creative. Although I thought that it might have lost some perspective because some of the things were lost that were in the book. A scene that stuck out to me was the one when Peeta and Katniss were running from the mutants. This was after Peeta was healed from his leg injury and they were running from them. During this scene, the lighting is very dark. You can barely see anything around you. This makes the scene a lot more intense because you don’t know what is going to pop out next. Another thing is that there is a lot of tracking involved. They didn’t have an extreme long shot until the cornucopia was revealed. This made seeing what they were running to difficult and it make you wonder where they were going to go next because the capitol can control everything that happens in the arena. Once they get to the cornucopia, there are mostly medium shots because they don’t want you to see where the mutants are and where they will come out next.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.