May 30, 2012
Rango
When I saw Rango a few weeks ago I really like it. Granted, I am a huge fan of Johnny Depp and also a cartoon junkie, so I was predisposed to like it. But I liked Rango for being Rango, a smart, funny cartoon that was gorgeously animated. An unnamed pet lizard in the beginning of the film, Rango’s closest friend is a wind-up fish toy named Mr. Timms. Rango is lonely, bored by his caged life, but also petrified of the outside world once he’s dumped in the desert. Rango’s relationships with rancher’s daughter Beans and the skeptical Priscilla unfold nicely. It’s funny and quirky and has tons of movie references, and Rango has a nice, if mild, moral about being yourself and standing up to bullies and so on. Morality was not really the point of Rango.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.