May 3, 2012
American Idol
I decided to do my MOJO on this show because I guess there was nothing else on. I rarely watch this show due to high amount commercials that limit the actual show, but I sat down with my mom and watched it with her. It was the results episode for the Final 5. The camera work used during this episode was pretty standard and didn't have any recollection until Coldplay started to preform. The camera now used some pretty detailed close up shots of the instruments, the lead singer, and the crowd. While mostly tracking across the stage while keeping it's eye focused on a specific element of the band. This gives you a bird's eye view of the crowd and band in a different way and they do this very nicely here. Also lighting is another huge thing here. In the quiet parts of the songs played, the background lighting and designs on the screens will turn a blu-ish color to heighten the effect of the sad mood of the song. Once the mood of the song brightens up, the color of the lighting returns to normal and all is well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.