April 20, 2012
Proactiv Commercial With Justin Bieber
I recently was watching TV and the Proactiv Commercial with Justin Bieber and after watching it I realized how much propaganda was used in the making of this commercial as well as visual elements. The fact that Justin Bieber was in the commercial proves that the commercial is testimonial having Justin Bieber a very popular teen star giving young girls the product this also knows that the product is aiming towards the young generation. Young girls and fans of Justin Bieber want to buy his product because he himself has used it and had good results from it. There also is the propaganda appeal of transfer having people promote the product saying that they themselves have had positive results, they have many people telling their stories about how the product has made a big difference in their lives. This also suggests bandwagon, everyone is using proactiv you should too. There is repetition used also different people saying the same thing, they have had positive results from using proactiv and they are happy they chose proactiv.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I have also seen this commercial a numerous amount of times. I agree with what you said about propaganda. They put a famous person in a commercial to make it to seem as if the product can work for anyone. I also noticed some film techniques used throughout the commercial. I noticed there were many extreme close ups on his face to show that he doesn’t have any acne as if you used the product you wouldn’t have any either. There is also a montage of a bunch of different people and their pictures of their acne to show what it looked like before they used the product proactive and what it looked like after they used pro active. No matter if the people are actually telling the truth about it working or if they are just saying it does to get money, the producers show the pictures that seem to be real of the people before and after but sometimes they don’t show their face which may be misleading to some people thinking that it is a different person’s body. There is also selling of the image using Justin Bieber to reach out to his fans and others thinking people will use the product just because Justin does.
ReplyDelete