March 15, 2012
Tom and Jerry
Ever since I was little I've always loved to watch Tom and Jerry. The show is quite old but still a classic. The main thing that usually happens in an episode is a cat chasing a clever mouse and using his wit to find different ways to stop himself from being eaten either by using other dogs as defense, or just plain hiding. In the episode I saw, Tom the cat is out hunting birds with his shotgun. Trying to get his dinner he manages to get a small bird. The episode starts with a pan of the camera over a peaceful lake and very jumpy and happy music playing. But shortly after that you hear Tom's gun going off and a fast zoom and pan to him shooting upward. The music also changes to a more dramatic and frightening sound. Tempo increases and makes the episode much more exciting. The movements of the characters are even synchronized with the music. A loud symbol crash or multiple bass drum hits along with the image of Tom getting pounded by a stepped on rake or a fellow dog beating him up. I can confirm that music has a very important role in these types of episodes and really adds to the enjoy-ability of the series.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.