February 17, 2012

54th Grammy Awards


This past weekend, I watched the 54th Annual Grammy Awards.  Many people may think that there are not a lot of film techniques that were learned about used during this, but that is far from the truth.  This can be seen especially during Adele’s performance of “Rolling in the Deep”.  Normally I am not a fan of most pop music, but this was a fantastic performance.  At the start of her performance the stage is pitch black.   But once the song finally goes into its first chorus, more lights are used.  This is mostly done to help show the intensity and her fellow backup singers.  Many different camera angles can be seen and were used (this was a big event after all), during her performance.  Close up’s are used on Adele’s face mainly during the verse, and long shots used during the chorus so the viewer can see her full band.  The camera man also uses a lot of medium shots of the drummer during drum fills/drum breaks.  Adele would then go on to steal the show, winning six Grammy’s.  Normally watching the Grammy’s would never be a normal thing that I do, but I am glad that I watched it.  Adele’s performance was breath taking.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.